** Effective immediately: All in person faith gatherings are suspended until further notice. Therefore, there will be no weekend or weekday in person masses .**
Memos from the Bishop of Victoria
Please take a moment to read the most recent update in protocols and memo from the Bishop of Victoria: Updated Health and Safety Protocols January 2021
As our province, country, and the world has begun the process of immunization for Covid-19, please find attached two resources that you are invited to share:
- Note from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith regarding the morality of using some anti-Covid 19 vaccines;
- Letter to the faithful on vaccines from the Catholic Bishops of Alberta and the Northwest Territories
In addition, the provincial government has provided the following links for more information:
- To view the B.C. COVID-19 Immunization Plan PowerPoint, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/BC_COVID-19_Immunization_Plan.pdf
- To learn more about B.C.'s COVID-19 Immunization Plan, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/covidvaccine
- For technical immunization information, visit the BC Centre for Disease Control online:
- For more information on what to expect when you go to get vaccinated for COVID-19, visit:
Some links from the Diocese of Victoria:
Please note that all community gatherings and meetings at the church remain cancelled until further notice. This includes:
-Wednesday Afternoon Social Group
-Faith Formation Courses
-Children's Liturgy Gatherings
-Sunday and Wednesday Bridge gatherings
-Ministry Meetings (including Social and Ecological Justice meetings)
* During this time we encourage all parishioners and members of the community to abide by the Social Distancing protocols set in place by our Governments.
However, distancing physically does not mean we have to distance emotionally. Make an effort to phone and check in on those neighbours and friends in our community - we can all benefit from hearing a friendly and familiar voice in these days.
Please contact the office if you want to be added to our email mail out list for regular communication from the parish and Fr. William.
Holy Cross Catholic Parish
Located near the campus of the University of Victoria, Holy Cross Catholic Parish is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Victoria and serves the needs of some 350 parish families in the area as well as the needs of the student population of the both UVic and Camosun College.
Holy Cross is always welcoming to new members and visitors. Please come visit us for Mass and on Sunday mornings stay for social time afterwards. All are welcome.
Holy Cross Parish strives to be a welcoming, dynamic, vibrant, inclusive Catholic community that gathers in unity and reaches out to attend to the needs of others.
Rooted in the community of Gordon Head and the University, in communion with the Roman Catholic Church, Holy Cross Parish serves the people of God by sharing, teaching and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Core Beliefs/Values Statement(s)
The people of Holy Cross Parish believe it is important:
- to welcome all who come through its’ doors.
- to socially engage the people of the parish
- to serve the parish and broader community
Why Liturgy Matters
Follow the link to read the first of a four part hand out regarding the importance of liturgy and the different aspects liturgy in our faith.